This is some shit I have to get out

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is some shit I have to get out

Post by Lightning_Trigger on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I apologize for the horrible format because right now i'm too mad to think right now, and frankly. I believe some others are to. NOW PAY ATTENTION TO THIS, I AM NOT RANTING TOWARDS ANYONE IN PARTICULAR. SO, a lot of you are probably wondering what the hell this topic is. WELL, THAT'S WHY I'M TYPING RIGHT NOW AIN'T IT? SO.....some things have been bothering me ever since the goddamn server was put up. I thought, "No, wait it out. SOMEONE would catch it." But ALAS, nope. So this is why i'm here, if this is gonna be completely irrelevant to you, I sincerely apologize to you, and if i'm just speaking bullshit then this topic really doesn't matter and I would really appreciate feedback. So...here I go.

1). I am sick of these fucking OP characters and their fucking OP authorizations. I realize people have  ALOT of friends on this server and they decide to help them. But every fucking where I go I see people auth'd with fucking military backgrounds. Fucking Marine, Army, Everything. And I also see this with the admins. Listen, my fellow admins. We all get that you have badass characters, we do. But chill the fuck out ight? I don't want this turning into COD. In order to be auth'd this kind of shit, I ask people to show me a legit fucking backstory, well thought out. And I review it. But no, some admins just go along and auth this, and frankly, I do not like it.

2). When someone tells you to get IC, YOU FUCKING GET IC! When someone tells you to get IC after you've made an LOOC joke or you screw something up and everybody gets a good laugh, that's fine, that really is fine. In fact, it's one of the reasons why I love HL2RP. But when someone tells you to get IC and you continously fucking spam voice commands or just do not listen to them at all, it kinda grinds my gears. Seriously, please...just get IC for christ sakes.

3). This goes for my fellow admins. Again, I am ranting to no one in particular. But the giving out of firearms and shit just has to stop. I mean c'mon, we're trying to run a legit RP community,  please for the love of god let them RP without wanting to shoot a CP every two seconds? Please, fuck!

4). This really isn't a rant topic, just some rules i'm proposing:

1. We create a rule that there must be 3 units on before anyone can mug any unit. This creates fairness and realism. For instance, if a unit was getting mugged and their live video feed was recording all of that, Of course they would recieve backup! The CP's wouldn't just decide to sit on their hands and do nothing. And yes, I know a rule like this has already been put into effect, but I barely see it enforced.

2. In order for the resistance to do anything, 4 units must be flagged up. I am really kinda sick and tired of seeing the MPF completely steam rolled by them, I really am. It reminds me of a one sided argument.

And so that ends that. If you agree with me on these topics, excellent. If not, no harm done. And like I said, I really would appreciate some feedback from anyone, players or admins. It doesn't really matter. If i've wasted your time, sorry. But until next time, and I hope next time isn't angry hate topics.

-Lightning
Lightning_Trigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is some shit I have to get out

Post by Acidic_TACO on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Just to add to this rant...for fucks sake help people who ask for it if you're an admin. Most of the time, I'm the only one that does anything like helping people with the model link and shit. Sometimes when they call for admins to come no one else even bothers acknowledging that it happened. Hell it took me three tries to get a model change with three active supers. Its ridiculous.

And I'm just guessing that I'm no longer a trail admin...after all the shit I've had to deal with...
Acidic_TACO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by somekoolkid on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:22 am

just gonna put this out there But Logan -4 years US Army 12 Bravo US Army National guard, Came from a large family, favorite nephew called him uncle V cause the kid had a speech impediment.
Ivan 4 years US Army 68 Whiskey, held Duel citizenship between Russia and USA while a child, Broke home and has a shady past.
All of my roleplay is skill based compared to some of the people who only know basic movements hence why I can "Steam roll" 90% of the MPF reguardless of how many are online. I am very good with tatics when it comes to combat as you  should know this trigger. I dont know if you guys know this or not but when it comes to the Canon resistance the three main members probably out rank the average roleplayer mostly because 1.) I have been doing this shit for a very long time and I know alot about the military and tatics (Also took two history classes in college about ancient wars and the world wars) 2.)Nobu IS in the military and also knows alot about tatics. 3.) Shady is a quick learner and when we met in SN I showed him everything I knew.
As for the weapons... It all started with "Hey shady can I barrow a pistol" Then I killed Taco and took his shot gun with a single shot and went from there. There is a problem with everyone and their  mother being military and it should be stopped and require auths Meaning there should be a 1 paragraph back story and you must be able to roleplay that style accordingly not "Lol IR USMARINESEALSNIPERARMYRANGER I WIN ALL TIMES!" Same thing with the weapons... I have a BMD character but I see no point in selling weapons to the public because alot of the admins asspull weapons (You included Trigger) and armor. as far as the MPF we need out LEADERS to be well trained so they may train the units in their divisions and not rely on mass trainings because not everyone can make them and then I get flooded with "TRAIN ME TRAIN ME" when I am in the middle of something. And to note at Taco's reply I do respond to most requests that comes in unless its models cause i am only an admin unless its training noobs...Ive done my share of that shit im sorry but I dont have the patience to train people on how to rp.

somekoolkid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bamboozle-RP on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 am

I agree.... Right now I don't have any character with military, US marine background #MLG420NoScope shit anyway. I agree with the amount of units needed to be on during a mug or any resistance activity. As well I'm doing my part as an admin as well and constantly telling people over and over again to get IC and models as well, as for the MPF, I agree with SKK, we do need trained leaders for there units and I will be going on JUDGE a lot more now, so just ya'll know he will be active quite a lot now, of course when I'm able to get on the server.
Bamboozle-RP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:36 pm

So, because I'm bored, and I'm sure this is what Lightning intended to do, I will reply to this -- covering everything Lightning listed. If you want me to cover something else, go ahead. So, let's start from the beginning!

1) Of course, we're all angry with this, this one is simple. Though, we all do it -- even you, Lightning. It's obvious in the characters everyone has.--

2) I have nothing to say, this is true in each and every way.

3) True enough, as well. The MPF is absolutely and completely FUCKED. This is something everyone is working on. Though it's sad, it's true -- in basically ALL servers now-a-days, MPF RP has been completely screwed. Coming from old, old communities, I know how MPF RP CAN be, and I know that in almost every server now-a-days, it is not like it should, and can be.

4) I completely agree with those rules, and would like to bring up a vote on the forums.

Thanks for posting this, because it needed to be addressed in something more than admin-only meetings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning_Trigger on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Yeah yeah, i'm more calm so i'm gonna take this a bit easier. SKK, we understand you know what you're doing with your characters. You don't need to constantly put that shit up whenever I post something like this. We understand and trust you with that character. But the rest,yeah, that's good shit. And thanks Gerby, I appreciate it.
Lightning_Trigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadyNasty on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:24 pm

I just want to point one thing out, which is that the RP will never make sense unless people actually decide to change.

I don't know if anyone else has taken notice to what I am about to bring up, but I have.

If the rebels are steam rolling the MPF and the MPF aren't doing anything about it, and everyone and their mother has a gun, that's when we have a good population. Ever since we have been doing things the correct way, with rebels attacks few and far between, with total MPF domination, most people have just said "I can't be a rebel, fuck this i'm out" and it makes the population lower.

I'm just throwing this out there as something to think about before coming to any conclusions about what should be voted on.
ShadyNasty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by somekoolkid on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:01 am

Lightning_Trigger wrote:Yeah yeah, i'm more calm so i'm gonna take this a bit easier. SKK, we understand you know what you're doing with your characters. You don't need to constantly put that shit up whenever I post something like this. We understand and trust you with that character. But the rest,yeah, that's good shit. And thanks Gerby, I appreciate it.
Trigger you missed my point. I dont care weather or not you can trust me because if you pay attention you would know that I know what I am doing and I am skilled at what I do and that is what roleplay should be about is skill. If you know how to execute something flawlessly through concept or through real life expeariance then you have skill but "I saw it in a movie once" does not work and neither does "Everyone else is doing it". People have gotten lazy when it comes to hl2 rp and this is why 1.) The MPF get steamrolled 2.) Everyone is given a gun or "Finds it" and 3.) People like you bitch about it and nothing will get done because people are lazy unlike the old days where roleplay was actualy thought out and someone you see on the street was smart enough that they could do their part and not bitch about it when they get rekt. If you want change it starts with the individuals not the whole community, If you want change make it happen and get others to follow you but always remember you get nothing for nothing so if you really want to see change and see new rules then you better be ready to get everyone else on the bandwagaon in a way that will not kill the server.

somekoolkid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownKookie on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:03 pm

This shit is why I left the server.

BrownKookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content